Saturday, July 7, 2007

German Pancakes


German Pancakes

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Put 4 tablespoons butter or margarine in a 9x13 and stick it in the pre-heating oven. (The butter will burn if you're poky, so don't dwaddle. Marg is safer 'cause it wont burn.)

In a large mixing bowl (I like my 8 cup batter bowl with handle and spout) combine:
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
6 eggs
dash of salt (don't leave out the salt. It's a flavor enhancer, ya know.)

Beat together with electric mixer until smooth.
By now hopefully your oven is completely pre-heated and the butter has melted. Pull the oven rack out a bit and dump in your batter. Try to be quick so you don't let all the heat out.

Cook for 20 minutes. (Turn the oven light on so your kids can watch.)

Serve with your favorite pancake toppings. (I prefer applesauce, syrup, and spray whip...but that's just me.)
ENJOY!

2 comments:

Lindsay Dunn said...

you know, I think my grandma used to make these, but she called them "Popeye pancakes" They are sooo yummy! THanks!

The Johnson's said...

Thanks for the recipe. My wife is gonna love'em!