Friday, April 30, 2010

No-Bake Peanut Butter Balls - A Blast from Some Person's Past

I don't know why, but these remind me of childhood.  Not even my childhood necessarily.  But somebodies...  (is "somebodies" even a word?)
(Thank you for the recipe, Laura C!!!  Good luck with your PCS!!!)

Peanut Butter Balls

1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup raisins or craisens
(I'm not gonna lie--I add 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips.)
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup applesauce
2 Tbsp honey or maple syrup

Mix all ingredients together and form into one inch balls on wax paper.  (I use my trusty cookie scoop.) Refrigerate until firm.

These also remind me, a tiny bit, of what we called "Numeral Dough" when I was little.  I remember we made it in first grade and my mom also made it for us a few times.  It was a mixture of equal parts Peanut Butter, Karo Syrup, and Powdered Sugar (I THINK that's it...).  You mixed those three things and it made a soft dough you could roll into snakes, form letters, and then eat.  I LOVED Numeral Dough.  Yum!

Mix one of these recipes up and tell me if it makes you feel nostalgic!

No comments: